Sunday 20 January 2013

Small victories...and the bacon resistance.

I'm finding that I'm very grateful for the small victories as I move forward on this journey.

Things like...remembering to take a snack of cucumbers with me to Home Depot yesterday afternoon. I would have been so tempted to eat something bad for me if I hadn't had that snack.

And being tired at night. Let's face it...I've been dragging myself around all day every day for a while. But no matter how tired I am all day, I rarely sleep well. Until now. I have fallen asleep easily...stayed asleep...and most importantly - I don't feel like a zombie I the morning. Amazing!!! Only two nights and I'm already feeling pretty awesome.

And feeling full without feeling all bloated and gross. That is awesome.

And finally....my big win...

Yesterday I was trying to get my kids to eat something...anything...before hockey. Grilled cheese? No. Peanut butter sandwich? No. Cheese and crackers? No.

What do they decide that they they HAVE to eat for lunch? Bacon and toast. Seriously??? I'm on a program and they want me to cook them bacon and not eat some?!?!

I didn't even flinch! Well, not much. I ate an IsaLean bar (the Lemon Passion Crunch one - in case you care) and managed to resist the bacon!!! There were two glorious slices of bacon left over and I left them for my husband!

Unheard of. Hear me roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment