Tuesday 22 January 2013

Almond joy

I've never really been a fan of the almond. It's a decent nut to be sure, but nuts aren't my go to snack. Ever.

I've always been more of a cheese and crackers kind of girl. Or just the cheese. Mmmm...cheese.

So today, on my second cleanse day, I discovered how to savour an almond. I mean really savour those almonds! I even caught myself sucking on one of my allotted morsels just to make it last longer!

And the best trick yet...shared by my friend and coach - J...is to pop the almonds into my mouth with my Isasnack and it tastes like chocolate covered almonds. Also yummy!

I was certain that I'd be just dragging my butt around today. But I was wrong! I feel freaking amazing today....full of energy and am even sadistically enjoying all the food smells that have been assaulting my nose. I had no idea that toast smelled so fantastic!

And even better...the scale shows that in just 5 days I'm losing weight!!! I'm still not ready to share in case I jinx it somehow. But I saw a number on that dreaded scale today that I haven't seen in at least a year.

I'm loving this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment