Friday 8 February 2013

The abominable snowblower

Yesterday you could see our lawn. Today the snow drifts were well over the top of our ancient, hand-me-down snowblower!

My husband has been away for work all week, and still wasn't home when I realized that I had to get out and actually clear some of the snow out of our driveway.

I was pretty proud of myself for battling the angry snowblower (it was blowing very dark smoke tonight) and managing to keep the kids playing in the snow on the other side of the yard.

Then it happened. The snowblower died. And it couldn't happen near the garage.....nooooo....it had to die at the bottom of the driveway. Excellent.

So I muscle/wrestle/pull the beast back into the garage and as my boots hit the painted garage floor...boom I fell right on my butt/tailbone. No fun at all.

Thank goodness for fantastic neighbours!!! One of ours finished the drive way for me!

I made an attempt at clearing the walkway, only to realize that shovelling at least a foot of snow on day 2 of a cleanse is a dumb idea. Really dumb.

I did the best I could and then headed into the house to feed the kids and get them off to bed. Then I rewarded myself with an IsaDelight. Yummy.

I won't have any trouble sleeping tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment